On the first burn of your candle, make sure to leave the candle burning long enough so that the entire top layer of wax liquefies from edge to edge. Otherwise, you will create what is known as a memory ring. Memory rings cause the wax to tunnel and the candle to burn unevenly.
Candle Safety & Burning Tips
Following these common-sense guidelines will help ensure you are safe while enjoying our candles.
- Never leave burning candles unattended. Extinguish all candles when you leave a room or at night.
- Keep burning candles at least 2 feet away from clothing, books, curtains, or any other flammable objects.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Never use a burning candle as a nightlight.
- Never burn candles for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Always trim the wick to 1/4" each time before lighting your candle. This helps prevent the flame from getting too large.
- Always burn candles on a level, fire-resistant surface.